“We recognize the need and obligation of every believer to be part of a local church for his edification and growth in his knowledge of and relationship with God. We also recognize the privilege and responsibility of every believer to be an active part of the local church through its various ministries. As leaders of this church, we, therefore, commit ourselves to the following: to provide, facilitate, encourage and oversee spiritual service that is dedicated to accomplish the biblical purposes of the church.”THE 3-FOLD ASPECT OF PURPOSES OF THE CHURCH
We are dedicated to:
- The worship of the Lord: Everything that we do must have the end in view of honoring the Lord.
- The edification of believers: We accomplish this primarily through the preaching and teaching of the Word and, secondarily, through activities that will enhance their stature as people of God, devoted to Him and His ways.
- The evangelization of the lost: We do this through the faithful sharing of the pure gospel of Jesus Christ, through means that will in no way alter, dilute, or hide the full implications of this gospel.To this end, we hold in high priority the training of our members in evangelism.
In the power of the Holy Spirit and for the glory of God,
- To win people to Jesus Christ;
- To bring believers to ever deepening knowledge of, devotion and submission to Christ through the teaching, study and application of the Word of God as manifest in lives that will represent Christ to the world;
- To train members to fulfill these first two statements for the building up of the Body of Christ.
THREE WORD FOCUS: Win, Deepen, Send
THE CATEGORIES OF SPIRITUAL SERVICE
The spiritual service we offer is operated in various forms and should be under one of these biblical categories:
- preaching, teaching, and equipping
- evangelism and outreach