Intercessory Ministry (IM)
Intercessory Ministry Is a ministry where people gather together to render petitions on behalf of others. But it is also much more than that. This ministry of intercession involves taking hold of God's will and refusing to let go until His will comes to pass. We meet three times a week, Tuesday and Thursday afternoon to pray for the world, nation, city, family, church, and some personal concerns. And Sunday before the morning service to pray for the persecuted churches, Israel and the worship service.
As a ministry called by the grace of God, we recognize the need of prayer to accomplish God’s will in events and circumstances. We therefore commit ourselves as a ministry in Christ – our eternal intercessor (Hebrews 7:25-28) – to grow and be deepened in prayer, so that we may intercede for the church of Jesus Christ, for our home church (GLCC), for global, national, community, family and individual concerns, always setting our eyes toward the Lord God (Psalm 123:1-2) that we may do His will.
By the grace of God and by the power of the Holy Spirit, we strive to persevere in seeking God’s will in all areas of life; to pray and work for the advancement of His kingdom; to stand in the gap – to intercede – that His righteousness will prevail and triumph (Matthew 6:10; Ezekiel 22:30-31).
God will raise up true intercessors to firmly stand in the gap. (Ez.22:30-31).
... Make every effort to be holy...
- 1 Peter 1:15-16 -
... God delights in the prayer of the righteous...
- Proverbs 15:8 -
1. To bring its members and attendees to a deeper devotion, communion and knowledge of Christ through prayer, discipleship and other equipping opportunities.
2. To strengthen the value of prayer as a way of life among its members as well as to encourage other church members to know that God answers prayer.
3. To faithfully fulfill with love our commitment to intercede.
4. To reach out toward an ever increasing number of dedicated intercessors.
5. To develop deeper relationships among intercessors, as well as with other church workers in the different ministries for encouragement and as prayer partners.
Ministry Regular Activities:
- Every Tuesday @ 4:30-5:30pm and Every Thursday @ 5:30-6:30pm
Prayer Focus: World, Nation, City, Family, Church, Personal Concerns
- Every Sunday @ 8:35-8:55am
Prayer Focus: Persecuted churches, Israel, Sunday Service
- Every 1st Sunday of the Month @ 12:00-2:30pm
Ministry Gospel Sharing
- Every 1st Sunday of the Month @ 3:30-4:30pm
Ministry Core Discipleship
- Every 3rd Sunday of the Month @ 1:30-3:30pm
Ministry Special Activities:
Outreach Program @ Regional Haven DSWD
- March 20, 2016 and May 22, 2016
- April 22-23, 2016
- May 17-18, 2016
Planning and Evaluation
- Every afternoon of May 29, June 12, June 19 and June 26, 2016
Members of Intercessory Ministry: