Balikatan sa Panalangin (BSP)
A. Daily Activities
1. Prayer Chain – the daily prayer watch involve members in the ministry who commit once a week from Monday to Sunday for a one and a half hours prayer slot, starting from 3 AM to 12 MN.
2. Nehemiah 3 Prayer Text – urgent prayer requests and answered prayers are sent to all the minister workers through text for immediate intercession.
B. Monthly Activities
1. Regular Core Meeting – the core meets regularly every last Saturday of the month and/ or as need arises to monitor and evaluate ministry needs, activities and concerns.
2. Regular Core Bible Study – the core meets every first Monday of the month for discipleship and prayer. The discipleship lessons are taken in preparation for discipleship of care cells.
3. Prayer Partners and Care Cells – the ministry members are divided into care cells under the leadership of a BSP core member. Each cell meets once a month for discipleship, prayer, and fellowship.
4. Corporate Prayer – the ministry meets every first Saturday of the month from 6-8 AM to pray for the nations, unreached people groups, GLCC, ministries and other concerns. This was organized in response to the cell discipleship lessons on “Radical” by David Platt.
5. Intercessory Commitment with Ministry Partner – the BSP ministry meets with its ministry prayer partner every third Sunday of the month after the morning service to pray for each other’s concerns.
C. Quarterly Activities
1. Quarterly Core Retreats/ Planning – the ministry core members meet quarterly (March, June, September, and December) to take a retreat and to monitor and evaluate activities and concerns. The second and fourth quarter retreats also comprise mid-year and year-end ministry evaluation and planning. The first quarter retreat is spent with the ministry prayer partner while the third quarter retreat includes an outreach activity.
2. 24-Hour Congregational Prayer Chain – the 24 hour congregational prayer chain is done quarterly where members of the ministry together with GLCC workers and congregation commit to a one hour prayer slot. A prayer guide containing exhortations from Scripture and international, national, local, and church concerns is distributed
D. Annual and Semi-annual Activities
1. Prayer month – the prayer month is celebrated in May with a 24 hour congregational prayer chain during the first and last days of the month. The prayer month is also capped with a Prayer Retreat and Fasting where ministry workers and other interested brethren meet to listen to preachings, exhortations for prayer, and intercession with fasting.2. Ministry General Assembly – the ministry meets twice a year usually on August and December for ministry announcements and updates, personal testimonies, renewal of commitment to prayer, fellowship, exhortation, and Christmas celebration.